Mr. Winter is the Chief Digital Officer for Siam Piwat Group, a Bangkok-based luxury mall operator, an advisor to XSpring Capital Group, building a token-based investment business, investor, and venture partner in Thailand. He has been a tech leader in Southeast Asia since 1994, having held Chief Technology Officer positions for numerous companies, specifically in the finance and retail sectors. The most recent roles for Central Retail Corporation in Bangkok and before that are the Global Head Enterprise Architecture & Technology Strategy for Standard Chartered Bank. Mr. Winter has also held leadership positions for tech consultancies such as Accenture, Deloitte and enterprises such as GE Capital and Cisco Systems. He is a highly regarded expert for digitization and business transformation. Mr. Winter is well known for challenging industry paradigms and consistently striving to integrate new technologies to achieve true impact and change. He is a core member of the Thai start-up ecosystem both as an advisor, co-founder of several start-ups, and a venture partner for Alpha Founders Capital. Mr. Winter’s Public Markets experience includes his senior contribution to the record Initial Public Offering of Central Retail Corporation (2nd largest retail IPO globally) in 2020.
Chief Digital Officer at Siam Piwat Group 03/2021 – ongoing
Build a new digital b2b business with some of the most talented and impressive people in digital in Thailand!
Co-Founder and Partner at a new HR Tech Startups – ongoing
Venture Partner at Alpha Founders Capital – ongoing
Chief Technology Officer of Central Retail / Central Technology 02/2017 – 2021
Driving Technology Transformation, Building new technology organization supporting agile technology development worldwide, focusing on Omni Channel, e-Commerce, Data & Analytics, Machine Learning & AI, Customer Care, Digital Marketing, and Retail Innovation.
Standard Chartered Bank 09/11 – 01/17
Director Financial Services Technology Consulting Southeast Asia. Worked with clients in the region to enable new initiatives and capabilities, but also to drive IT Departments efficiency, skills, adoption of open source and to deployt the Lean Six Sigma Methodology into IT, to drive cost-out and at the same increase the capabilities.
Global Chief Architect and Head Technology Strategy – Driving the global enterprise architecture, digital, and Technology strategy to finalize digital transformation and adopt modern Innovation Frameworks for the bank into a modern Real World FinTech player, based upon an Omni Channel strategy.
Global Head Retail Banking Architecture, Innovation, and Data driving the digital customer agenda and digital transformation journey of our global bank. Expanding upon deep analytics and real-time integration capabilities. Focus on changing the banks DNA, with lean, agile, and innovation methods to build the organization and architecture of the future.
Global Head of Process and Data Architecture Defining and driving the global banks real time and data-driven agenda across the bank. Implementing Service Oriented Architecture best practice, to move to real time and reusability of services. Moving away from process-driven world, by enabling data and analytics across all areas of the bank. Adopting a real-time Hadoop Data Lake centric strategy with the appropriate ecosystem tools (ElasticSearch, Spark). Connecting board level strategy with the developer level. Significantly contributing the banks competitiveness in the digital world.
CISCO Systems Asia Pacific 01/10 – 09/11
Chief Technology Officer Asia (CTO) driving Business Strategies for Telecommunications Companies and IT Strategy for CIO Organizations at Banks and in other industries. Developing New Products and Services, market entry, business operating models, and technology strategy. Involved in building multiple new businesses.
- Setting up the first and second Cloud Providers in the Indonesian Market
- Advising a new strategy cloud initiative in Malaysia
- Positioning a regional bank towards a solid architecture and cloud strategy
- Developing an end to end Infrastructure Strategy for a regional bank
- Developing a Sourcing and Infrastructure strategy for a bank in Thailand
- Driving Corporate Strategy Development for CISCO Systems
Deloitte Consulting 11/08 – 12/09
- Enterprise Dataware House Strategy for a large regional bank
- Infrastructure Strategy for a global insurance in Asia Pacific
- Drive Data and Reporting Country Strategy for a Central Bank in ASEAN
- Reengineer and Manage Development of a Retail Finance Platform in Thailand
- Advisory for Merger and Acquisition in Thailand
GE Capital 12/04 – 11/08
Global Chief Architect for GE Money Globally responsible for the Application Architecture Vision and Strategy. Enabling Service Oriented Architecture and SOA, Technology Strategy and working with all group organizations to support on architecture strategy.
The Chief Architect here is a senior IT Executive, next to the CIO and CTO, to focus on and develop an architecture model tied to business owners. In this way the role combines typical CIO (Business) and CTO (Applcation Technology) elements.
Global Head of Core Banking Technology reporting to the Global CIO.
CTO Asia and CTO Thailand Building GE’s first green field bank, supporting M&A activities, creating shared services organization and infrastructure for Asia Wide hosting.
Accenture 03/97 – 12/04
Senior Manager, Consulting
Working in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, China, Germany, USA, The Netherlands, UK, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Austria.
- Co-Run Accenture’s largest project – 3.5BN USD and 1400 resources, UK
- First Global E-Business b2b2c platform and supply chain platform design for Sony Corporate HQ in Tokyo, Japan
- First b2c direct selling for Compaq in Singapore
- RWE IT Transformation in Germany
- Technology Lead for largest transactional site in Germany, New IT Platform for German Labor Department
- Developing an IT Strategy Methodology for Accenture- Content Responsible for Managing EMEA Alliances for BEA and Documentum (EMC) and FileNet (IBM)
ICN Data – 03/92 – 04/97 (Co-founder)
Starting a new company in Thailand offering early Internet solutions teaming with Netscape and others.
- Managing Director at ICN Data Thailand
- Full Profit & Loss PL Responsibility
- Start up Internet in Laos and Myanmar 95/96
- First free and largest Internet Email and Community Site in Thailand 1994
- First B2B E-Business Solution in Thailand in 1994
- Setting up a new innovative ISP with Lippo Group in Indonesia
- Subject Matter Expertise for IBM, Loxley, and Samart to setup Internet in Thailand
- Internet and Groupware Implementation for CNN and Deutsche Bank in Thailand
- National IT Development Plan for Royal Thai Government
INSEAD Standard Chartered – Impact Through Leadership
GE Crotonville – Global Leadership Institute (Advanced Information Management Course)
Heriot-Watt University (Business Administration Program)