Axel Winter is Chief Digital & Technology Officer | Investor | Advisor
Chief Executive Officer
Xponential since 03/2021
XPO Is a joint venture company between Siam Piwat and Pivot Digital to develop new industry SaaS Solutions..
Chief Digital Officer
Siam Piwat Group since 03/2021
As Chief Digital Officer for Siam Piwat Group, a luxury mall operator based in Bangkok, I’m leading the digital transformation of the company by building new digital growth engines and launching a corporate growth engine with the “SuperApp”. I also co-launched the first regional “NFT” marketplace (CoralWorld.co) with Kasikorn Bank
Chief Executive Officer
Pivot Digital Group since 05/202
Pivot Digital Group is an elite Technology Advisory firm supporting DIgital Transformation and Building Digital Businesses for Retailers, eTailers, FinTech, and Financial Services / Bank firms. With offices in Singapore, Vietnam, and Hungary we serve a global audience.
Advisor at Fat Projects SPAC (2021-2022)
Senior Advisor at FAT PROJECTS Acquisition Corporation one of the first ‘SPACs’ in ASEAN, IPOed on NASDAQ..
As Global Chief Technology Officer (SEVP) at Central Group, I led the digital transformation of the company, enabling its IPO in 2020 (the 2nd largest retail IPO globally).
My team and I delivered a new digital revenue engine and created an innovation lab with AWS, driving new investments with JD.COM and Grab to enable Central’s omni-channel ambitions.
As a result, Central Group became the first true omni-channel retailer and the first social and conversational commerce champion in the region.
Global Chief Architect and Head Technology Strategy (2011-2017)
Standard Chartered Bank
- Led IT strategy and architecture for approximately 17,000 IT staff with an annual budget of around $1.4B
- Drove global adoption of strategic technology shifts, including API economy (2012+), big data insights (2013+), and AI (2016+), and open-source adoption ahead of others
- Created a new global network of innovation labs and coached startups globally (2016)
- Defined and executed a $1BN digital strategy transformation across 33 markets, implementing retail e-payments and monetized APIs as a channel
- Created integrated and intelligent media linking staff, mobile, ATMs, and merchants, and applied real-time customer sentiment analysis using machine learning and AI
- Led the implementation of strategic APIs (microservices) and integration journey, and the “big data” $1BN journey, creating a global data lake with advanced data analytics and AI
- Developed and implemented the Agile Target Operating Model
Chief Technology Officer Asia (CTO) CISCO Systems Asia
01/10 – 09/11
As a leader at Cisco Systems, I played a key role in driving the development and implementation of new business models and strategies for telecommunications companies, resulting in the generation of over $600M in multi-year initiatives. I also led business transformation initiatives for top regional banks, leveraging my expertise in cloud-based strategies and innovative products and services to help increase revenue and drive growth. In addition to driving external initiatives, I was responsible for leading the development of internal strategies and the setup of new business units and country strategies. My experience at Cisco Systems allowed me to develop strong expertise in driving business growth through the use of technology and innovative thinking.
Director Financial Services Technology Consulting Southeast Asia
11/08 – 12/09
As a leader at Deloitte, I gained extensive experience in technology consulting, working with clients to design and implement innovative solutions that addressed their business challenges. I provided strategic guidance to help clients navigate the rapidly evolving tech landscape, leveraging my expertise in a variety of areas including data analytics, artificial intelligence, and API economies. My work at Deloitte allowed me to develop strong problem-solving skills and a deep understanding of how technology can drive business growth and success.
Global Chief Architect
12/04 – 11/08
Globally responsible for Architecture Vision and Strategy for ~500 Million Accounts, defining and implementing a global digitization campaign based on APIs and Data Enablement.
The Chief Architect here is a senior IT Executive, next to the CIO and CTO, to focus on and develop an architecture model tied to business owners. In this way the role combines typical CIO (Business) and CTO (Application Technology) elements.
Global Head of Core Banking Technology reporting to the Global CIO.
CTO Asia and CTO Thailand Building GE’s first green field bank, supporting M&A activities, creating shared services organization and infrastructure for Asia Wide hosting.
Senior Manager, Consulting
03/97 – 12/04
Working in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, China, Germany, USA, The Netherlands, UK, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Austria.
- Co-Run Accenture’s largest project – 3.5BN USD and 1400 resources, UK
- Co-Run first Global E-Business b2b2c and supply chain platform for Sony HQ in Tokyo, Japan
- First b2c direct selling for Compaq in Singapore
- RWE IT Transformation in Germany
- B2B eCommerce and Marketplace for BASF, Germany
- Technology Lead for New Tech Platform and Job Seeker Site for German Labor Department
- Developing an IT Strategy Methodology for Accenture- Content Responsible for Managing EMEA Alliances for BEA and Documentum (EMC) and FileNet (IBM)
Managing Director (Co-Founder)
03/92 – 04/97
Starting a new companies in Thailand and Canada offering early Internet solutions teaming with Netscape and others.
- Full Profit & Loss PL Responsibility
- Start up Internet in Laos and Myanmar 95-96
- First free and largest Internet Email and Community Site in Thailand 1994
- First B2B E-Business Solution in Thailand in 1994
- Setting up a new innovative ISP with Lippo Group in Indonesia
- Subject Matter Expertise for IBM and Samart to setup Internet in Thailand
- Internet Implementation for CNN, Deutsche Bank, SPA Advertising, McCanm Thailand
- National IT Development Plan for Royal Thai Government
INSEAD Central Group
INSEAD Standard Chartered
GE Crotonville Leadership Institute
Andersen Worldwide / Accenture St. Charles